- Trek to the base camp of the world's tallest mountain (5,555 meters).
- 14 - 16 days total from arrival in Kathmandu to last organized day in Kathmandu.
- 11 days of actual trekking.
- Trek begins and ends in the town of Lukla.
- Intermediate difficulty level.
- 5-7 hours of walking per day during the trek.
- While on the trek, you will sleep in local 'tea houses' which are mountain lodges complete with beds, cooked meals, and often hot showers and internet for a small fee.
- While in Kathmandu, you will sleep in comfortable western style hotels.
- Includes a guide.
- Porters (locals who will carry your gear) are available for hire.
- The best months to do this trek are: April, May, September, October, and November.
About This Trek
This classic trek in the Everest region is a two week trek for the healthy walker. The route takes you across one of the Nepal’s most famous mountain ranges, with the goal of reaching the basecamp of world's highest mountain.
The Everest Base Camp trek is certainly one of the world's most famous treks.
This trek begins with excitement, as as you first take a mountain flight to Lukla. The continuous climbing and descending during the first couple of days are the most challenging. The route takes you from west to east, while the rivers and valleys run from north to south. The final days lead you through Khumbu, the home area of the original Sherpas.
This EBC (Everest Base Camp) trek is a classic trek that leads you through valleys and stunning forests of rhododendrons, magnolia's and bamboo ... and of course, all the way up to the basecamp of Mt. Everest!
LET US KNOW WHEN YOU WANT TO TREK TO EVEREST BASE CAMP, AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH AVAILABILITY AND A PERSONALIZED QUOTE!
FROM $1,550 PER PERSON
*Cheaper price available for a 'Bed & Breakfast' option that does not include all meals on the trek.
Airport transfer at arrival and departure.
2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu.
Round trip airfare from Kathmandu (KTM) to Lukla (LUA).
All accommodations and three daily meals during the trek.
All trekking permits and Conservation Area entry fees.
Experienced and English-speaking trekking guide (and their expenses during the trek)
A farewell dinner and cultural experience in Kathmandu.
Nepal government taxes and tourist service charges.